Vegan | Refined Sugar-free | Gluten-free
Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Chocolate! Chocolate! and more Chocolate! Yeah....we've got the vegan chocolate biscuit cake recipe of your dreams for you!
This Chocolate Biscuit Cake recipe is about as chocolatey as it gets, featuring pure dark chocolate buttons melted down and mixed up with melted cacao butter, almond butter, cacao powder and coconut blossom sugar. Oh yeah, and then some broken up biscuits. To make it a 'cake'. Otherwise, we would just call it a slab of chocolate, lol!
It reminds us of the Chocolate Fridge cake that our favourite aunt would always contribute to family feasts, and could be easily pimped up with the addition of some dried fruit pieces (raw mulberries, raw goji berries), or vegan marshmallows.
100g Organic Cacao Butter
300g Dark Chocolate (Dark Chocolate Buttons/ Pitch Dark Raw Chocolate)
140g smooth almond butter
2 tbsp Coconut Blossom Sugar
4 tbsp Organic Cacao Powder
200g gluten-free digestive biscuits
1. Add all the ingredients (cacao butter, chocolate buttons, almond butter, coconut sugar and cacao powder) apart from the biscuits to a large heat-proof bowl.
2. Place over a saucepan of simmering water ensuring the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Mix until everything is melted and you’re left with a smooth glossy mixture.
3. Break up the biscuits into another bowl, then pour the chocolate mixture on top.
4. Transfer into a cake tin (I used a 22×12 cm loaf tin).
5. Allow to cool slightly, then transfer into the fridge and leave to set for around 4 hours.
6. Slice and enjoy!
Need any Chocolate Making Ingredients?
We've got you covered :0) (in chocolate!)
Best Value! Chocolate Making Kits - Buy Online