Raw | Vegan | Refined Sugar Free | Gluten free
Spiced Chocolate Almond Joy Bites
These little candy bites are the perfect vegan, healthy Halloween treats! Spiced almond and coconut centres sweetened with maple syrup, dipped in raw chocolate and topped with Spiced Chocolate Almonds! We used a combination of Pitch Dark chocolate buttons and Vanoffee buttons to make a less dark chocolate, if you wanted a darker chocolate coating, skip the Vanoffee.
2 cups raw almonds, plus about ¼ cup spiced chocolate almonds for topping
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup coconut oil
3 tsp fresh orange zest
1 tsp mixed spices
1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
1½ cups Pitch Dark chocolate buttons
1 cup Vanoffee buttons
1-2tbsp almond milk
1. Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, blend the almonds into a fine flour.
3. Melt the coconut oil and add it to the food processor, along with the maple syrup, spices and orange zest. Pulse to combine thoroughly.
3. Add the dried coconut to the food processor and combine until a soft dough forms.
4. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking dish. Press down to form the dough to the dish. Freeze for 10 minutes, until firm.
5. Remove the dish from the freezer and slice the dough into bite size squares. Spread the bars out on a baking sheet and return to the freezer for 10 more minutes.
6. Remove bites from the freezer. Dip each one into the melted chocolate and immediately top with a whole spiced chocolate almond. Optional: Drizzle melted chocolate over the top decoratively.
7. Return the chocolate-covered bites to the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze until fully set, another 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for up to 2 weeks.