Vegan | Refined Sugar Free
Vanoffee Cashew Chip Cookies with a Raw Chocolate Drizzle.
Made in collaboration with our sister company Conscious Chocolate, these salted Vanoffee cashew chip cookies are a tasty twist on a chocolate chip cookie. They go down a treat with a cuppa earl grey for elevenses! Although it has to be said, we do believe in cookies at all times of the day, especially when they taste as good as these do and are made with all healthy substitutes for traditional cookie ingredients such as cane sugar, wheat flour and butter.
100g coconut oil - soft, room temperature - or vegan butter substitute of choice
100g coconut sugar
1 tbsp maple syrup
Pinch of salt
150g flour of choice - we used a white spelt flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 x 40g pack Salted Vanoffee Cashews, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until
smooth. Stir in the maple syrup and a pinch of salt.
3. Sift in your flour of choice and 1/2 tsp baking powder - mix until a cookie
4. Fold in roughly chopped salted Vanoffee cashews and roll into balls - these spread a fair amount in the oven so be sure to leave them plenty of room!
5. Bake for 12 minutes until golden. Leave to cool on baking tray for 5 minutes
then transfer onto a cooling rack to cool fully.
6. Once cool, drizzle or dip in melted Conscious Chocolate!