- 180g gluten-free flour blend
- 60g cacao powder
- 160g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250ml non-dairy milk (we used coconut)
- 80ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Flax Egg - 1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp boiling water
1. In a mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients: flour, cacao, coconut sugar and baking powder.
2. Make your flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp ground flaxseed with 3 tbsp boiling water.
3. Add milk, olive oil, lemon juice and flax egg to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Spoon into cupcake cases and bake at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes.
4. To make the aquafaba ganache, start by emptying the liquid from one tin of chickpeas into a large mixing bowl. Using an electric whisk, start whipping the liquid until it turns frothy. At this point adding 1 tsp of cream of tartar can help it to thicken.
5. Gradually add in the coconut sugar. Keep whisking for a good 10 - 15 minutes until you achieve stiff peaks.
6. Gently fold through the melted chocolate and leave in the fridge to thicken for 30 mins before frosting the cooled cupcakes.