This creamy, sweet, hazelnut chocolate spread is the perfect addition for... well... anything! Toast, crumpets, porridge, fruit, pancakes, ice cream, rice cakes, and whatever else you fancy! It's quick and easy to make too!
Here's what you need and how you can make it.
200 g raw unsalted hazelnuts, skinned
2 tbsp coconut oil melted
4 tbsp maple syrup
125 ml plain hazelnut milk
2 drops Vanilla extract
¼ tsp sea salt
- Heat your oven to 175°C (gas mark 4).
- Roast raw hazelnuts for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and blend it until you have a thick and creamy nut butter.
- While the nuts are processing, break the chocolate into small pieces, and place into a heatproof bowl over a pan of hot (not boiling) water, with the coconut oil.
- Once the nut butter is ready, mix it together with the melted chocolate and coconut oil, maple syrup, hazelnut milk, vanilla and salt.
- When all ingredients are mixed, blend it for another couple of minutes.
- Transfer to a sterilised jar and enjoy on your toast.