Vegan | Raw | Gluten Free | Refined Sugar Free
Raw Vegan Mint Chocolate Cream Slices
A grain-free, crunchy raw 'biscuit' base, with a creamy mint and spirulina filling, topped with minty fresh dark chocolate.
• 100g almonds
• 50g desiccated coconut
• 2 tbsp Cacao powder
• 8 pitted medjool dates
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
• 200g raw cashews, soaked and drained
• 100g coconut oil
• 100g Cacao butter
• 3 tbsp maple syrup
• 15-20 fresh mint leaves
• 1 tbsp spirulina powder
1. Line an 8x8 inch tin with greaseproof paper.
2. In a food processor, blend together all the base ingredients until well combined and holds it’s shape when pressed.
3. Press base mixture into prepared tin and set aside in the fridge whilst making the filling.
4. In a small saucepan over a low heat, gently melt together the coconut oil and cacao butter.
5. In a high speed blender, add the soaked and drained cashews, melted coconut oil and cacao butter, maple syrup, mint leaves and spirulina powder. Blend until completely smooth and combined. Add more mint leaves and maple syrup to taste, if desired.
6. Pour mint filling over chocolate base and place back in the fridge to set for 3 hours.
7. When your filling has set, gently melt your Mint Mania chocolate in a bain marie together with 2 tbsp coconut oil. Pour chocolate over filling and place to set in the fridge for at least an hour.
8. When fully set, remove from tin and slice into squares. Keep in the fridge.