Vegan | Gluten Free | Refined Sugar Free
Vegan Banana Bread with Vanoffee Mulberries
Banana bread is one of those true comfort bakes, that fills the house with a gorgeous smell and makes you feel all cosy inside. No wonder everyone's favourite bake through the lockdown has been banana bread! This recipe is naturally sweetened with mulberries that are whizzed up to make 'sugar,' and coconut blossom sugar, two truly natural and healthy alternatives to cane sugar.
The addition of Vanoffee mulberries make this banana bread special and a bit different. We think you'll love it!
- 3 medium overripe bananas (about 300 g / 10 oz bananas)
- 30g coconut blossom sugar
- 70g raw mulberries
- 60g almond, cashew or peanut butter
- 70g coconut oil
- 200 g self raising Gluten-free flour
- A couple of handfuls Vanoffee Mulberries
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan.
- In a food processor, blitz the mulberries until they resemble a coarse sugar texture. Add the coconut sugar, bananas, coconut oil and nut butter - then blitz again until a paste has formed.
- Remove from food processor and in a medium mixing bowl, fold through flour and vanoffee mulberries until combined.
- Bake in a lightly greased, lined 2lb loaf tin for 20 minutes, then cover the top with foil and bake for a further 15 minutes, or until a cocktail stick comes out clean.